Connor Ryan is a professional skier, ultra runner, and film director actively working to decolonize the outdoors. We had the opportunity to sit down with Connor for the second time to discuss the huge response to Spirit of the Peaks, Indigenous running traditions, renaming Mount Evans, the importance of placenames and language, and how it’s not activism, it’s an obligation.
This show is available everywhere you get podcasts March 17, 2023
- Spirit of the Peaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSwmJMH04Ww
- Connor’s Smith Optics Pro Model: https://blog.smithoptics.com/connor-ryan-on-connecting-with-community-and-the-land/
- TPSA: https://www.facebook.com/TaosPuebloSportsAlliance/
- Share Winter Foundation: https://www.sharewinterfoundation.org/.
- Running Strong Org.: https://indianyouth.org/
- POW Canada: https://www.protectourwinters.ca/
- POW International: https://protectourwinters.org/pow-international/
- Indigenous Life Sport Academy: https://www.lifesportcanada.org/
MORE TO LEARN
- Taos Blue Lake: https://sites.coloradocollege.edu/indigenoustraditions/sacred-lands/taos-blue-lake/
- Two Spirit People: https://www.ihs.gov/lgbt/health/twospirit/
- Mestaa’ėhehe Coalition: https://mountbluesky.info
- Connor’s first interview with BIPoC Outside: https://bipocoutside.com/2021/11/11/s1-e1-connor-ryan-good-relations/